Team Challenge Notes
Involve Swindon is a project of Volunteer Centre Swindon and is funded by its member employers. Non-member employers are welcome to take up any of the team challenge opportunities but we ask that you make a contribution to our operating costs. Our suggested brokerage fee is £250 which covers the time taken to source the individual challenge opportunities and the administration of the project. Find out who are our current member employers.
Please note the following points:
Involve Swindon acts as a broker for team challenges. We put you in touch with the projects or organisations requiring help, you then make the detailed arrangements with them.
The average team size that can be supported is between 20 – 30 people or fewer. Larger teams can occasionally be accommodated but may have to be split for logisitical reasons.
- Involve Swindon endeavours to source activities suitable for teams of employee volunteers to undertake in 1 day. However, it may not always be possible to do so, particularly for larger teams over 30 people. In these cases, you may like to consider other types of activity that would benefit the community and also provide an element of team building such as:
- Organizing a fund-raising event for a local charity
- Getting involved in a charity challenge like sky-diving, abseiling, or similar*
- Helping to marshall or steward a festival or event
- Organising a party or day out for the service-users of a charity
*Involve Swindon cannot advise on these types of activity