Volunteer as a Team
A Team Challenge is a one-off practical task usually undertaken in a day. They are great for team building and for really making a big difference to a charity in a short space of time.
How to apply?
For the latest opportunities contact us and and we’ll send you information about the latest opportunities.
Once we have received your request, an employee volunteering advisor will contact you for more information. When your needs have been established and a suitable project agreed on, you will be provided with the contact details of the charity. We ask that you contact them directly to make the final arrangements.
There are a couple of things you need to know when arranging a team challenge:
- Not all charities have the resources to provide the material and equipment required. If you can help with this then there will be more projects open to you
- When contacting a charity, please be aware that the person you need to speak to may be a volunteer themselves – please don’t expect an immediate reply
- It is better to call rather than e-mail as the contact person may not have permament access to e-mail. You may need to call a few times before you are able to speak to them – please be patient
- Whilst the charities will have public liability insurance, please make sure that your employer will insure you and your team for the kind of activity you will be undertaking
- Please try and visit the site prior to undertaking the activity to carry out a risk assessment and determine whether the project is suitable for your team
Involve Swindon is a project of Volunteer Centre Swindon and is funded by its member employers. Non-member employers are welcome to take up any of the team challenge opportunities but we ask that you make a contribution to our operating costs. Our suggested brokerage fee is £250 which covers the time taken to source the individual challenge opportunities and the administration of the project. Find out who are our current member employers.
For more information, have a look at our guide to team challenges