Voluntary Action Swindon is a charity that helps other charities.
We help the local voluntary and community sector through advice and training, services, campaigns and events.
We act as a voice for the voluntary sector at key networks and are also helping to ensure that there is a diverse and representative community voice on Swindon’s equality agenda.
We’ve provided help and support to the Swindon voluntary sector since 1932
Our services include:
- Funding and governance advice
- Training (First Aid, Manual Handling, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Food Safety)
- Printing and copying
- Meeting and conference room hire.
- DBS checks
- A PAT testing service
- A weekly newsletter sharing information with the voluntary sector
- And since April this year (2019) we have taken over the running of the Swindon Shopmobility service from Swindon Borough Council, enabling people with mobility issues to enjoy independence in the Town Centre.
We also run Sanford House on behalf of Swindon Borough Council – a Swindon Community Hub housing nine charities.
Our current Board, though experienced and committed, is a mature board with limited succession and does not currently reflect the diversity of the communities we support. We would particularly welcome applications which would help to balance the gender of our currently all male board, improve our age balance and be more representative of the many cultures in the Swindon Community. We are also looking to boost the current skill set with HR and marketing skills.
If you feel you could help Voluntary Action Swindon with its important work and all of the charities we help– please contact Pam Webb, CEO in the first instance – email@example.com or 01793 538398